Article 1. Name and Location
The name of this organization is Chenango RC Club and it is located in Chenango County, NY.
Article 2. Purpose
The purpose of the Chenango RC Club is to facilitate the enjoyment of radio controlled models to members from Chenango County, NY and surrounding areas.
Article 3. Membership
Section 1. To join the Club, new members should fill out the membership application form and the Club officers will approve applications for membership by a majority vote. Membership in the Club is available to all individuals satisfying the following requirements:
1. Be a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA)
2. Signify a willingness to adhere to all rules and regulations of the Club as they may from time to time be established pursuant to the bylaws.
3. Have completely filled out the membership application form and returned it to a Club officer.
4. Have paid initiation fee and dues for the current period.
Section 2. Termination of Membership in the club may be accomplished in the following ways:
1. Voluntarily, by resignation, either verbal or written, to a club officer.
2. Involuntary, due to non-payment of dues, or at the direction of the Club officers for flagrant or continued violations of Club rules or Club principles to the detriment of the Club and/or the hobby.
Section 3. Reinstatement of terminated members may be accomplished in the following ways:
1. Members who resign in good standing may be reinstated if they can produce a valid AMA license and pay the requisite dues for the current dues period.
2. All other former members seeking reinstatement will be treated as new applicants and shall be required to pay an initiation fee in addition to the requisite dues.
3. Persons dropped from the membership at the direction of the Board of Directors will not be considered for reinstatement without the approval of the Board.
Section 4. Initiation fee and Dues
The annual dues to be paid to the club shall be determined by the Club officers with the approval of a simple majority vote. Dues are non-refundable, except under extraordinary circumstances, which will be determined by the President on a case-by-case basis. Dues shall be due on January 1st of each year and are to be paid no later than the last day of March. Any member delinquent in paying his or her dues shall be removed from membership. A member removed for non-payment of dues can make reapplication for membership only with the full payment of the current yearıs dues.
Section 5. Types of Membership
A. Full Members
B. Junior Members - Under 18 years of age
C. Family Memberships- available to full members only. This type of membership extends Club privileges to the spouse and children of a full member, as long as they reside at the same address as the full member.
The dues and fees are as follows:
A. Full Members - Full current rate as set by the Club officers.
B. Family Membership - An additional one half of the current rate.
C. Junior Members - One half of the current rate, anyone 14 or under is free.
D. Initiation Fee - New Members must pay a onetime $25 initiation fee.
Those joining after September 1st are entitled to membership for the remainder of the current year and for the following year.
Article 4. Officers
Section 1. Officers of the Club shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Safety Officer, and Field Marshall. All of the officers shall be elected yearly at the December meeting by a majority vote of the members present at that meeting..
Section 2. Duties - The duties and power of the officers are to enforce the Bylaws and the Field Rules and shall be as implied by their titles, more specifically as follows:
A. President - The President shall preside at the meetings of the Club and be a member of all committees and shall have general supervision of the Clubıs business.
B. Vice President - In the absence of the President, for any cause whatsoever, the Vice President shall automatically assume the responsibilities of the President, or perform such duties as delegated by the President. He shall be custodian of all Club property and shall be responsible for maintaining records and location thereof.
C. Secretary - The Secretary shall:
1. Keep minutes of all meetings.
2. Conduct all official correspondence for the Club. When appropriate, correspondence may be prepared and signed by the Club President. The Secretary is responsible for keeping a file of all Club correspondence.
3. Charter the Club annually with the AMA and provide insurance certificates to the landowners of the Club flying field.
4. Maintain and publish as required the Club Bylaws.
5. With the aid of the Safety Officer, maintain and publish the Field Rules.
D. Treasurer - The Treasurer shall:
1. Collect all membership dues and fees and collect any other revenue to which the Club is entitled.
2. Pay all bills incurred by the Club.
3. Keep a record of all funds received or expended.
E. Safety Officer - The Safety Officer is responsible for flying safety. All flying shall be in accordance with the AMA Safety Code as published in the current year AMA Membership Manual, and with the Club Field Rules for the flying field location. The Safety Officer shall inform fliers of any safety violations and request that the rules be followed. In the event of continued violations, the Safety Officer shall inform the President in writing and request that the member be removed from the club.
F. Field Marshal - The Field Marshal shall be responsible for all flying field maintenance and for field mowing schedules.
Article 5. Meetings
Club meetings are to be held monthly on a repeating schedule to be determined. All Members are strongly encouraged to attend the monthly meeting.
The goal of the Chenango RC Club is to provide a safe and fun environment in which to enjoy radio controlled models. Every member and guest needs to be aware of the potential dangers our hobby includes. Spinning propellers and out of control aircraft are dangerous both on the ground and in the air. The facilities at the field and the following rules are designed to minimize the risk of injury to yourself and others around you. Please make sure you are familiar with them and make them part of your routine.